Thursday, November 24, 2005

Enlightenment !!!
The realization has finally dawned. I can see the divine halo flickering to life around my oft-tormented head, like that gaudy neon on top of that cheesy motel ( excuse me, I am trying to write here). I am tempted to run around the roads naked- screaming, "Eureka!!", but irony of this action, as the patient readers might realize in the near future, makes me bite my tongue in haste. But I must admit with all humility, everyone and everything looks microscopic from this pinnacle of knowledge and awareness. I pity all you ignorant souls, blissfully unaware and believing blindly in your parochial concepts of life and existence. Collectively, force feeding each other with delusive concepts of success, joy and happiness. Constructing walls of illusions, ensconced in a web of materialistic deceit and chasing the fleeting concept of "Happily ever after". For the benefit of the privileged few, who are getting impatient and wondering - "whats the point? why am i reading this crap?", I will come to the crux of the point. The crux of the above crap is - there is no "happily ever after" and I refuse to take is lying down. Boss !! somebody should have informed me earlier. I was always progressively misled into believing that success in 7th class, 10th class, 12th class, engineering, SUPW, MBA.... always led to "happily ever after". Why was such a gross truth withheld from me? What happened to free
speech, the information age and the art of effective communication ?
I always had a nagging feeling that Marvin was the ultimate messiah, how I regret not trusting my juvenile instincts. But then I realize the truth, the ultimate truth that none of you faceless nameless ignorants ever realize or comprehend this fact of non-existence. How could any one have informed me if no one ever knew ? silly me !! (a tender slap on the forehead follows).
And at this opportune moment, when the earth stopped spinning, when time stood still, when volcanoes erupted on jupiter, I took upon myself onerous task of educating this world. I took upon myself to teach this world to see the world in a new light,to be able to strip down all the excess clothing and stare at the naked truth in all its glory.
The next time a kid comes home and screams, " Mommy I got the first rank", the voice from the other end must sound something like," Dont get your hopes high kid ! wait till the first day of your job."
The next time a teenager says," Dad! I got selected for the Indian cricket team", the instinctive reply must be - "wait till you break your leg or get too old to play".
There is no point bringing up kids in a sugary sweet chocolate castle of hope. Everyone must make a conscious effort to create a cynic in every other fellow human being. Every man, woman and child must scream out from the bottom of the guts- loud and clear - "there is no happily ever after".
And to this end, I appoint myself the high priest of the Order of the Cynics. I am sure that whomsoever has managed to read till here has been touched. I urge all you believers to join the fold. Let us all unite together and spread this flame. Let us all join forces to enlighten this world. Let the Order of the Cynics be the Order of the World.

4 Comments:

Blogger yell said...

i'm a fan... whatever

5:41 AM  
Blogger Ray Lightning said...

There is no happily ever-after. But there is always a happily ever-now. :)

7:38 AM  
Blogger Prash said...

I agree with Kibs. Chuck the means. Go for the ends. Don't live in pursuit of a happily ever after. Just make the best of the moment and live a happily ever right now. Problem solved.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Vamshi Ambati said...

moby I love you...

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home